SDC has been asked to pass on the following information from the Highland Council with regard to the Scottish Parliament Election on 6th May 2021 :-
General risk assessments and specific COVID risk assessments have been carried out at every polling station and extra staff have been recruited to help make sure the voting experience is as smooth as possible as things will look different. Changes include :-
- There will be a limit on the number of people entering at one time so there may be queues at some polling stations at peak times
- Face coverings will be required
- Hand sanitiser will be available on entry and exit
- Polling station staff will be behind protective screens but still available to help and support voters
- There will be regular cleaning at polling stations throughout the day on a regular and frequent basis.
- Voters will be asked to take their own pen or pencil but if they don’t have one, one will be provided from a new box of pencils for their use only
There have been changes to the location of some polling stations for this election so voters are encouraged to check their polling cards.
A video has been produced to help voters understand what to expect. The video covers all the hygiene and physical distancing measures that will be in place.